We encourage international students to join the credit union before you arrive on campus to ensure an easy, simple transition to managing your money here in the United States.
Learn more about our Student Banking Package here.
Need to wire transfer money from outside the U.S.? Learn more here.
How to Become a Member
You Will Need:
- Government-issued ID or International Passport
- USC ID or Acceptance letter (must have USC ID on letter)
Step 1: Complete the Membership Application
- Read the application instructions (Korean and Chinese translations available), then complete our online membership application.
- If you do not have a U.S. Social Security Number, you will need to complete a Certificate of Foreign Status (W8) Form, which be emailed to you after your application
- As a member, you will have a regular savings account. Opening other accounts with the credit union is optional.
Step 2: Fund Your Account
- To avoid traveling with large amounts of cash, most international students prefer to wire transfer money before they arrive in Los Angeles. We strongly recommend this!
- You will receive two free incoming wire transfers per year!*
- Once we receive your application, we will send you a secure email with your new account information and instructions on how to transfer money to your USC Credit Union account.
Step 3: Activate Your Account
- Once you arrive on campus, visit one of our branches (locations) so we can verify your passport and signatures, activate your account, and issue your debit card.
More ATMs than any “Big Bank”
STUDENT CHECKING ACCOUNT DISCLOSURE: Must qualify for USCCU membership and membership fee may apply; please call (877-670-5860) or visit www.USCCreditUnion.org to confirm eligibility. Must be a USC student. Converts to Cardinal Checking 30 days after graduation or change in student status . Must pass Chexsystem. All accounts are subject to approval process. If new membership is closed within the first 90 days, there is a $5 early membership fee. Limit one (1) Student Checking Account per Student ID Number. Student Checking Account is not applicable to organizational or business entities and must be opened as a personal accounts. Accounts are subject to all terms and conditions set forth in the Account Agreement and Truth-In-Savings Disclosure
and Student Checking Account Disclosure.
*See our Schedule of Fees for subsequent transactions.