USC Credit Union is not your typical bank. We’re a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means that when you become a member, you’re are an owner for life. And because we are member-owned, we don’t have shareholders and pass our profits to you through better rates, low or no fees, and more frequent “yes” answers. We want to help establish and build your credit, answer your questions, educate you, and help you navigate the often confusing world of money. Our goal is to serve as your trusted financial partner long after you graduate.
We are honored to be with you every step of the way, from your first checking account to your first auto and home loans. Helping you build a solid, successful financial foundation is of paramount importance to all of us here at USC Credit Union, and it begins here and now.
Joining the credit union is simple, just follow the steps below! Fight On!
Step 1: Open Your Account Online
- If you are under 17 years of age, you will need a co-signer, such as a parent, to open an account.
- Must be a USC Student+
- All memberships come with a regular savings account. You have the option to add other accounts to your membership such as a checking or credit card.
+Converts to Cardinal Checking 30 days after graduation or change in student status.
Step 2. To Open Your Account You’ll Need:
- Government issued ID.
- USC ID/Acceptance letter.
- Social Security Number (not required for international students).
Step 3: Fund Your Account Before You Arrive
- Once your account is complete, we will send you a secure email with your new account information and instructions on how to transfer money to your USC Credit Union account.
Step 4: Start Using Your Account
- You will receive a welcome packet and debit card in the mail within 7-10 business days of opening your account.
- Set up your online banking and download the mobile app to begin your lifelong relationship with USC Credit Union.
- Once you arrive on campus, visit one of our branches (locations) to meet our team of dedicated member relationship specialists.
From Our Members:
“The USC Credit Union is excellent! It’s great they have so many campus locations and their service is prompt and friendly. They got me an affordable loan and offer helpful information on managing my money. It’s nice to know I’ll have the support of the Trojan family even after I graduate. Fight On!”
Your credit union. Your future. Own it.
STUDENT ACCOUNT DISCLOSURE: Must qualify for USCCU membership and membership fee may apply; please call (877-670-5860) or visit www.USCCreditUnion.org to confirm eligibility. Must be a USC student. Converts to Cardinal Checking 30 days after graduation or change in student status . Must pass Chexsystem. All accounts are subject to approval process. If new membership is closed within the first 90 days, there is a $5 early membership fee. Limit one (1) Student Checking Account per Student ID Number. Student Checking Account is not applicable to organizational or business entities and must be opened as a personal accounts. Accounts are subject to all terms and conditions set forth in the Account Agreement and Truth-In-Savings Disclosure
and Student Checking Account Disclosure.
See our Schedule of Fees for subsequent transactions.