Open an Account
There are several easy ways to join our credit union:
Simply Apply Online. When having completed filling it out, you will send us the documents required for opening your account (see below). Once we receive these documents, we will open your account and mail you a "Welcome Packet."
So make sure to send us the following via the mail or in person:
- Printed copy of your signed online application (you should have been prompted to do this).
- A copy of your State Driver's License, State Identification card, US Passaport, or International Passaport with Visa (for International Students we need a copy of your passport and USC acceptance letter).
- A completed copy of the Source of Funds Analysis.
Come into any of our branches
If you would like, you may always join our credit union by visiting one of our branches. Be sure to bring a goverment-issued ID, such as a Driver's license or passport.
An opening deposit is required to join our credit union. Please send a check or money order for at least $10 (=$1 minimum deposit + $9 one-time membership fee; add $50 minimum to open a checking account; $25 for Cardinal Checking)
All Enrolled Students
If you are an enrolled student, we would need the following documentation.
- A Photocopy of your USC ID
- or, A photocopy of your usc acceptance letter
International Enrolled Students
If you are an international enrolled student, we would need the following documents, in addition to the above
mentioned documentation for all enrolled students:
- A Photocopy of your Passport (first two and last two pages) for identification.
- A photocopy of your I-94, front and back.
- A photocopy of your United States VISA stamp on your passport.
- A completed copy of the W-8BEN
(you may download the W-8BEN form at the IRS website)
Los Angeles Resident
If you qualify for membership primarily as a Los Angeles Resident, we will also need:
- Proof of Residence in the form of a Utility Bill (Gas, Water & Power.)
- OR, a copy of Residential Rental Agreement/Lease Agreement.
Working in Los Angeles
If you primarily qualify for membership due to employment in Los Angeles, we will also need
- Copy of a recent paystub showing employer address
- or, A letter on the official letterhead from your employer stating your employment with them,
and also what physical address your work premise is located in.
Worshipping in Los Angeles
If you primarily qualify for membership because you worship in Los Angeles, we will also need
- Copy of a letter confirming your attendance from the concerned authority
at the place of worhsip.
Sponsored by immediate family member
- If you qualify for membership due to sponsorship by an immediate family member who is also a USC Credit Union member, you also need to fill out and send us a copy of the Sponsor's Certificate