If you’re a USC student, USC Credit Union offers this basic checking account to you FREE while in school. It’s simple to open and simple to keep!
The Student Checking Account requires $0 minimum initial deposit, and offers:
- No service charge
- 120 free checks
- Free cashier’s checks/money orders
- Free access to non-proprietary ATMs (up to $10/month)
- Free incoming wire fees (up to 3 per year, then $5 per wire)
- One-time, lifetime membership fee of only $9
- Savings account ($1 minimum balance) required for membership
In addition, the overdraft fee is $2 and stop-check fee is a nominal $10.
You are also eligible to apply for a credit card (International Students please note you need to present the following forms of identification: Passport, US Visa, I-20, and I-94).
All USCCU checking accounts offer:
- Free Bill Pay
- Free eStatements
- Free Home Banking
- 30,000 Fee-Free ATMs, including 7-Eleven stores, Costco and Walgreens
- 5,000 Shared Branch Locations
*Must qualify for USCCU membership and membership fee may apply; please call (877-670-5860) or visit www.USCCreditUnion.org to confirm eligibility. Must be 17 years old or older. Must pass Chexsystem. All accounts are subject to approval process. If new membership is closed within the first 90 days, there is a $5 early membership fee. Limit one (1) Student Checking Account per Student ID Number. Student Checking Account is not applicable to organizational or business entities and must be opened as a personal accounts. Accounts are subject to all terms and conditions set forth in the Account Agreement and Truth-In-Savings Disclosure